[Techtalk] IMAP & Evolution

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Jul 8 21:02:56 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 14:58, Davis, Jennifer wrote:
> Hi:
>
> 	I was wondering if anyone has had any difficulty with IMAP and
> Evolution.  Specifically, I am addressing Evolution 1.0.7 that comes with
> Slackware 8.1, but I have had problems with Evolution in Mandrake 8.1 & 8.2.
> For some reason, IMAP just won't work.  There are no error messages, no
> crashes, just nothing.

Could you please describe the exact setup you try to achieve (IMAP with
or without SSL, type of the IMAP server, ...)? Have you been successful
with other programs (Mozilla, mutt, ...)?

I use evo at the moment over SSL against some accounts, all on Red Hat
Linux with the UW imapd. I use "mail" as the namespace on all of them as
procmail sorts my mails in the mailing list folders there. The only
problem I have is that sometimes evolution fails to tell me that there's
new mail in one of my mailing list folders (not so for the inbox of each
server).

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg //
+49.7152.209647
nils at fht-esslingen.de
        Ever noticed that common sense isn't really all that common?