[Techtalk] Setting up a Linux system in Hebrew

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Sat Jul 6 02:25:32 EST 2002

wow cool....
i will be very interested to follow this - i'm just setting up my
windows system to read hebrew on the web, and will look at linux
shortly... im learning hebrew because one of my day jobs is to sing in a
synagogue... speaking of which, i'd better get some sleep as im due to
sing in a few hours...

shabbat shalom!

caitlynmaire at earthlink.net wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> Erev tov.
>
> Josephine's question about setting up a Hebrew Windows system inspired
> me, I guess :)  I have a system I can free up and I would like to set it
> up using Red Hat Linux 7.3 (with applicable patches and upgrades), KDE
> 3.0.1, and set it up for an Israeli locale and Hebrew default language.
> I want as absolutely much to be in Hebrew as is possible in the current
> state of Linux application development.
>
> I know about Mozilla and kmail, obviously, but I am looking to go way
> beyond that.  Any advice about, caveats, or pointers to setting up a
> localized Hebrew system, and any recommendations about which
> applications I should look at would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> All the best,
> Caity

iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email