[Techtalk] Two Totally off-the wall Questions

James james at james-web.net
Fri Jan 25 23:29:57 EST 2002

I do this actually.

In fact, this email is going through a P90, with 96megs of RAM and a
540meg HD (461 for ext2).

I run Debian on it.  I just did the absolute minimal install (No
packages selected in the install).  I then just apt-getted the basics
(ssh, exim was autoinstalled, pop3 server, bind).  Run with plenty of
room.  I've had ~1200 emails sitting on the server waiting for me at
times.

Granted I'm a little tight on space at ~52 meg.  But I can always add a
HD and mount it as /var/spool/mail.  And I actually just cleaned up my
/usr/src and now have 112 meg free.  It is doable :)

I think I'm going to take another one like this and put it on my
production network as a snort sniffer.

- James

mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net