[Techtalk] What Debian package to use for make menuconfig?

Mary Gardiner linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Jan 23 18:31:58 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile a kernel on a Debian system (Woody, dist-upgraded
to within an inch of it life).

I'm trying to use "make menuconfig" to configure the kernel, and I'm
getting the following message:

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/mary/Downloads/linux/scripts/lxdialog' /usr/bin/ld: cannot open
crt1.o: No such file or directory collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

>> Unable to find the Ncurses libraries.
>>
>> You must have Ncurses installed in order to use 'make menuconfig'

I have libncurses4, libncurses5, ncurses-base, ncurses-term, ncurses and
ncurses-bin packages installed. What am I missing?

-Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner
<mary at puzzling.org>