[Techtalk] Keeping legal notices in Docbook.

Mary Gardiner linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Jan 21 18:23:07 EST 2002

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 02:08:01AM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> It uses a postgres back end (and you would be welcome to use mine,
> already set up and operational) to house the meta-data, and text tags
> to markup. It looks like this:

<snip>

Is this for the LDP's wiki-like thing? I saw a note about it. I'll have
a play, but I think for this task I'm more comfortable maintain the
SGML with the logical markup (begin question... end question... begin
answer... end answer...) and converting it to layout-based markup like
HTML than the other way around. (I'm coming from a LaTeX background, I'm
used to working with document structure rather than layout :) )

> >  * Is there any way to force the output to contain the contents of any
> >    <legalnotice></legalnotice> tags? Jenn is using them in the FAQs, but
> >    they don't show up in the output, which is rather a nuisance. It
> >    would be nice to have text and HTML versions that actually include
> >    the licencing.
>
> That would be a simple xsl hack. If you tell me what exact stylesheets
> you're using (and which DTD version -- 4.1.2?) I will be happy to do
> it for you or point you to the right place.

I'll pass this on when I get home this evening.

-Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner
<mary at puzzling.org>