[Techtalk] Books

Laurel Fan laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jan 10 10:29:36 EST 2002

For me, at least, I've found that which book I use doesn't matter too
much if I have other people to study with in a class. If the book
occasionally confuses me I usually can find someone else to help
explain it.

On the other hand, I would recommend that anyone learning C get K&R,
since every C programmer will want a copy of it for reference, and get
another "Learning"-type book if necessary.  The disadvantage is that
K&R is somewhat difficult to find used, because people hold on to
theirs.

laurel at sdf.lonestar.org