Memory Accounting, JDKs [was: Re: [Techtalk] Java on Linux]

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Thu Jan 10 17:37:55 EST 2002

/proc/meminfo is where I am getting my system memory stats from -- so far
the most reliable source :o)

At 17:34 on Jan 10, Val Henson combined all the right letters to say:

> Hi Nicole,
>
> What does cat /proc/meminfo say?  I don't know if it will suffer from
> the same accounting problems as ps and top do, but it's worth a try.
> Also, what does vmstat say?

Hmm, I don't know if this helps... I don't know about vmstat (does not
parse... does not parse, time for a manpage!).

   procs                      memory    swap          io     system       cpu
 r  b  w   swpd   free   buff  cache  si  so    bi    bo   in    cs  us sy id
 0  0  0 187480  11264   4196  50596   2   2    10     2   14    13   0  4  8

-nicole