[Techtalk] Java course?

Amanda Babcock alb at quandary.org
Thu Jan 10 09:57:19 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:31:58PM -0800, Akkana wrote:

> Erin Mulder writes:
> >
> > I can also offer myself up as a guru/coordinator if anyone is interested in
> > learning Java (or a related framework/API... e.g. J2EE, Swing, etc.).
> > I pretty much live and breathe the stuff.
>
> I'd be interested in that, especially from a Linux perspective.
> I've written some applets, and periodically think about updating
> my Java knowledge to get more fluent in new stuff like J2EE/Swing,
> but I keep hitting problems getting downloaded JDKs to work at all,
> and all the Java folks I know are Windows users.

Ooh, yeah!  I've tried to learn Java before only to find that I couldn't
figure out the basic "install what where, invoke it how" questions and
quit in frustration.

Of course, there's the fact that I'm actually on FreeBSD, not Linux...
which means a certain amount of translating in the "where" department :)

Amanda