[Techtalk] Re: [Volunteers] The Techtalk list

Tania M. Morell tmorell at myquadrant.net
Thu Jan 10 01:23:08 EST 2002

well, if you are thinking of creating a NEW techtalk list; one that is
female only....  then how should I decide which list to post my questions
on?  Crossposting is frowned upon...  but I want to maximize the number of
people who see my questions.   I think having more than one techtalk will be
spreading things a bit thin.

What's the big deal, anyway?   I've looked at the archives and I see a
pretty even mix of male/female posts.  If a woman is going to feel
intimidated about posting on techtalk because there are a couple men there,
then they may as well stay home away from the rest of the world.  I can
understand feeling intimidated on a REAL male dominated list like slashdot
or others i'm a member of but techtalk? It's hare for me to beleive.

I think the real initimidation comes from not understanding the techy talk
and the level of questions and answers there and feeling like you might look
stupid by asking very newbie-type question.  A newbie, wet behine the
penguin ears list might be what is needed, if anything at all.

-T