[Techtalk] The Techtalk list

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Wed Jan 9 19:30:20 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:54:21PM +1100, Jenn Vesperman wrote:
> I've come to some tentative decisions and conclusions about Techtalk.
> These ARE open to discussion - I'm going to make some changes, but
> they're experimental. I don't want to harm the community we have here,
> but I do want to improve it.
>
> Issues & facts I want to deal with:
> 1. There are people who are put off or intimidated by techtalk being
> apparently male-dominated.

I don't think the list is male-dominated, but there sure are a lot of
men!

You will all do what you want to do, but I for one like linuxchix just
the way it is. I don't know where else I would go, for one thing, if I
weren't allowed here anymore.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

Gates is trying to make sure that he has a proprietary position in
controlling the tools that allow you and me to access information. And
that's profitable by definition. How would you like to own the printing
press?
	--PaineWebber Media Analyst Christopher Dixon