[Techtalk] Mail Size

mc mcgonzalez at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 9 11:03:45 EST 2002

Greetings all,

This is probably a dumb and easy question, but has me a bit stumped, not
being a mail admin usually.

I am trying to write a script to automagically email a log file
to  someone.  I have the script working, but it is failing with the message:

552 5.2.3 Message exceeds maximum fixed size (5242880)

So, one wonders, where is the maximum message size set, in
sendmail.conf?  I can compress the log, but it is starting at 13MB so I
don't think I can compress it enough to not need to change the size.

Any and all pointers much appreciated!

mc
I haven't lost my mind,
It is backed up on disk somewhere.