[Techtalk] Re:Misc Mouse query

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Sun Jan 6 20:21:35 EST 2002

Raena Lea-Shannon writes:
> YaST2 seems to take a 2 buttonmouse at face value. I tried editing in
> /etc/X11/XF86Config file but it will not let you edit it. It tells you
> this at the beginning para.

One problem we've had with SuSE is that SAX always wants to set the
mouse to imps/2, which doesn't always work (I've seen it cause problems
with 2-button ALPS trackpads in laptops and also with generic
Logitech-compatible 3-button mice).  Editing XFree86.conf and
changing "IMPS/2" to "PS/2" has made things work much better on
several of our machines.  Worth a try ...

	...Akkana