[Techtalk] RE: lilo gone bad

Beth E. Johnson ogoshi at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jan 6 22:40:19 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 13:20, tanvir_31337 wrote:
> I went to the Rescue Mode. After asking my language and keyboard it got
> landed in something like sh-2.04# from where I could do nothing.

You'll need to watch the messages, rescue mode mounts the root
directory, but not at /; it's in a subdirectory as specified in the
messages.  Then, if I remember right, you'll have to cd to the correct
directory and ./ the commands you want or put in the complete
(rescuefied) paths.  And I'd suggest a fresh floppy in case you haven't
thought of that already!  :-)

H(hope)TH,
Beth
--