[Techtalk] dcop server error

Helen Rosseau hrosseau at vistar.ca
Wed Feb 27 08:29:39 EST 2002

"Raven, corporate courtesan" wrote:

> Heya --
>
> Quoth Helen Rosseau (Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 10:44:03AM -0500):
> >       I need some help quickly.....please.  I am running into a deadline of
> > 24 hours or less.  We have discovered a dcop server error (desktop
> > communication protocol) using SuSE 7.3 with kernel 2.4.16.  All the
> > updates are done.
>
>         What's the exact error?  We might be able to give you more help
> if we knew.  And when do you get it?  Every time, or just sometimes?
> Right after you do a particular thing?
>
> Cheers,

The error occurs when we start an application, we get an error that says
that the dcop server daemon is not running, when it is.  We are going to
try the kde update from the supplementary files on the ftp site to fix
this.  Keeping my fingers crossed as it finally finished downloading.
I'll burn a CD and install the update when we are on location with the
test beds.
	If you think of anything though, I am open to suggestions

Helen

Helen Rosseau
Technologist

Vistar Telecommunications Inc