[Techtalk] Accessing Outlook mail folders from Linux?

Erin Mulder meara99 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 12:50:42 EST 2002

Meg wrote:
> Is IMAP an option?
>
> I use Evolution for Linux mail and sometimes use
> Outlook when booted to Windows. IMAP works well for me
> b/c all my Sent Mail, folders used for sorting
> incoming mail, etc. resides on the server.

Unfortunately, I'm using Yahoo's POP3 service, so I have
a really small 4Mb server quota.   With all the mailing list mail,
I tend to reach that in about 12 hours, so I need to delete stuff
from the server quite often to keep space free.

(I'd switch to another server, but Yahoo seems to have much
better speed and availability than my other options).

Maybe I should just upgrade to a bigger mailbox and set one
of the mail programs to leave things on the server, but I'd really
love to be able to keep everything in one place if there's any
way to do that.

Erin