[Techtalk] kindergarten mail server question

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Feb 21 17:47:48 EST 2002

Hey gang,

I've always been sheltered from the nasty connectivity parts of setting up a
mailserver- well it's time to chuck the training wheels. (my DNS guru has
moved to New Mexico, the ratfink.)

Example: trusty Postfix server is all set up and configured at
carlas.domain.com, ready to start work moving mail over the Internet. Well
somewhere out there are DNS and MX thingies that have to be configured,
right? Assume I can log into wherever to do all this. (in this case, my
domain name registrar provides user DNS management.)

I've been studying all kinds of docs, and I have a feeling there's a few
simple steps buried in the masses of verbiage somewhere. Thanks for any
links or help.

Carla