[Techtalk] Mailserver against Yahoo

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon Feb 18 22:09:19 EST 2002

> Fetchmail's man page is excellent. I've never configured sendmail, but
> exim and other MTAs (postfix, qmail are two) will also do what you're
> after. See if you can make sense of their online documentation. If you
> can, choose that one. Even nullmailer should be adequate if all you want
> to do is deliver all your mail to Yahoo. Why can't you use your ISP's
> SMTP relay, anyway?
>
> -Mary.

Do Postfix. It is secure, stable, and easy to configure. The Postfix
discussion list is populated by helpful humans. qmail, which is a very nice
program, is less user-friendly, and the mail list is dominated by freaks,
flamers, and psychotics. Requests for help are flamed and reamed. The qmail
list is so notorious there's even a Yahoo group devoted to the Worst of
qmail: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worst_of_qmail/

--
Carla Schroder, ace PC goddess