[Techtalk] Mailserver against Yahoo

Hans Tegnerud hans_tegnerud at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 15:20:55 EST 2002

I'm about to set up a mail server that (for starters)
should get and send mail through my Yahoo account.
Now, a year or two ago Yahoo set up this rule that
says you have to pop mail before you can send anything
(giving you approx 5 minutes to start sending), so my
mail server must handle this (pop every 30 minutes and
pop just before sending).

Before I delve deeper into sendmail and the other mail
servers... are there any advice or warnings you can
give me? (I've heard about the dreadful sendmail
config files and I recall something Eric S Raymond
wrote... fetchmail? that's supposed to be a
replacement for sendmail).

/Hans