[Techtalk] Kernel modules problem--Help! Anyone!

Beth E. Johnson ogoshi at bellatlantic.net
Wed Feb 13 11:13:50 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 17:47, bsweeney wrote:

> I'm baffled by this.  The only time I've seen an error of "No module
> blah found for kernel bleh" is when I tried mkinitrd on a system where
> the drivers for the scsi card were not compiled as modules (doh).

Well, I'd like to say that I solved the problem but I ended up
reinstalling my / and /boot partitions.  I'm very happy that I had the
foresight on the original install to make /home a separate partition.  I
moved all my updated rpms over to there so I had local media to update
from after the install  (that would have been a heck of a lot of
downloading!).  And I got Boot Magic on my hda (win2k) working to boot
to lilo on sda as well, which I wasn't quite able to get working
before.  I've done each of the interim kernel updates in sequence, with
just one more left to update to the 2.4.9-21 and everything's working
great so far.

Thanks for your help, Brian, the questions you asked were really
helpful.

regards,
Beth
--
Beth Johnson
Springfield, MA USA

This message was created and sent completely independent of Microsoft
products.
No electrons were harmed in the making of this message.