[Techtalk] using numeric keypad in rxvt

Laurel Fan laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Feb 12 16:37:01 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 05:19:40PM -0600, Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:
> Okay, now that I've discovered using rxvt works for accessing Southware
> while running X, I put my client on it ... and immediately discovered an
> oddity, that the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard doesn't
> work in rxvt, whether you have the numlock key on or off.  I never noticed
> this because I never use it, but the bookkeeper  uses it all day long
> and she needs it to work.  When you hit one of those keys in rxvt, it just
> beeps at you without putting anything on the screen, nothing at all.

What version of rxvt are you using?  The web page does look down, but
I took a look at rxvt's entry at freshmeat.net, and the ftp site looks
like it's up.  In the changes file at
ftp://ftp.rxvt.org/pub/rxvt/changes.txt-2.7, there's an entry under
the changes from 2.7.7 to 2.7.8 that looks like it might be related:

	fixed determination of NumLock key, noticed by
		Matthew Gabeler-Lee <msg2 at po.cwru.edu>

laurel at sdf.lonestar.org