[Techtalk] Kernel modules problem--Help! Anyone!

Beth E. Johnson ogoshi at bellatlantic.net
Mon Feb 11 08:24:16 EST 2002

Responding to my own message with more information; if no one responds
I'm faced with a rebuild.  I've got no sound, no cdrom, no vfat
support.  I'm grateful eth works!  Here's what I did first:

> <sigh> I updated my RH 7.1 kernel to the newest RH version (2.4.9-21)
> and appear to have lost the ability to insert my modules.
>
> When I try to mkinitrd for the new kernel I get:
>
> No module insmod found for kernel 2.4.9-21
>
> Can someone tell me what to check?

Anyway, I did an xconfig to try and install a custom kernel and did

make dep clean modules modules_install bzImage

and still get the message that I'm missing insmod for the kernel.

I have the latest modutils installed, 2.4.10-something.  What do I need
to look for?

Humble TIA,
Beth
--
Beth Johnson
Springfield, MA USA

This message was created and sent completely independent of Microsoft
products.
No electrons were harmed in the making of this message.