[Techtalk] simple reference book on Linux

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Feb 1 14:17:11 EST 2002

At 11:57 AM 01/02/02 -0600, you wrote:
>I'll post my own thoughts on them after I've had a chance to go through
>them all.  Maybe we could start a "recommended books" list with our own
>reviews?  There have been several requests for book recommendations
>on the various lists lately.

That'd be a great idea for a section of the website.  I was thinking that
it'd be nice if we had a "linuxchix recommends" section after all the
questions about html editors.  The questions come up fairly frequently and
it'd be great if someone had time to compile the responses and reviews and
make them easy to find.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm that someone just yet.  Anyone else want a
volunteer job? :)  You'd just have to group the information (eg: Books for
newbies, books on security, favourite html editors, favourite linux news
sites that aren't slashdot ;), favourite women's sites, favourite IRC
clients... ) and then cut and paste the relevant parts of posts.   If you
were feeling really ambitious, you could search the archives for old
threads, but starting now we'd still build up a great collection.

  Terri