[Techtalk] Brain clog

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 26 07:03:44 EST 2002

Hi All,

	This is one of those question I know has been answered by experienced people
many a time.  Browsing google had me seeing answers for similiar
questions from 1996-2001.
	Would someone explain the message below, and the remedy, in simple plain
(english) language. I saw answers, from type in command "ldd" to "ldconfig"
to "ln -s" foo.  My question is, do I edit the config files of the programs I
a  attempting to install, or ln -s to/from a system/OS library to ... where?
	As much as anything, it is the concept that eludes me. It is shared
library's right?  SO how does one fix this?  The lib's *are installed.*
	Info: Mndk 8.2. I am triing to install up to date stuff, for 8.2 from Mndk,
on a new clean install of 8.2.  I have got the message several times using
"configure" and a similiar message using rpm.

	Error message:
*checking for glib-config... no
*checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.6... no

***If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.

	Thanks
	Andrew