[Techtalk] Question and an apology

octal at solon-ohio.com octal at solon-ohio.com
Thu Dec 19 11:53:56 EST 2002

Kristina,

I apologize for sending this to your email addy instead of the list a
couple of minutes ago. Don't know where my mind was as I simply hit
reply and zipped it off. Sorry.

Is it actually transferring the files? The reason I ask is that the man
page for rsync states that the '--dry-run' option tells rsync to not
actually do any file transfers...

Perhaps I'm not understanding the problem correctly but from my
understanding if you kept the original command you were using and simply
added the '-e ssh local/path' to enable a ssh transfer, rsync would do a
"simulated" transfer only. Have you checked to make sure the files are
really at their intended destination?

Again, apologies all around if I'm simply having one of my more obtuse
days...

cheers.
octal