[Techtalk] Re: Apache, abuse and nonexistent domains.

Therese Gustafsson th_gustafsson at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 03:33:44 EST 2002

Hi Maria

>> Some of the entries have the code "200" instead of "400" like the
>> one above.

>hmm, interesting, but they're otherwise identical?

No, the ones with "200" after have "HTTP/1.0" in them and the ones with
"400" have "HTTP/1.1". I tried both and the difference seems to be that
when you write "HTTP/1.0" you get both the header and the webpage back
and when you write "HTTP/1.1" you only get the webpage back.

>I would say that there are people using machines in the IP ranges
>listed as being controlled by them attempting unauthorised access to
>your machine, and then supply the sections of server logs appropriate
>for them.  You probably won't need to supply full logs, just an
>example with say, half a dozen lines worth.

>If you need any help, just yell.  One of my duties where I work is
>abuse contact.

Thank you very much for your help! It helped me very much.

/Therese