[Techtalk] Booting from CDROM

Meryll Larkin alwanza at oz.net
Wed Dec 18 00:41:10 EST 2002

12/17/02

Thank you!  Everyone who responded.  It turned out that I was indeed
looking at the wrong option in the BIOS.  I went to the "Advanced"
submenu and found where to set the preferential boot order and I set it
so that floppy is first, CDROM is second and Hard Drive is third.

I did NOT have to open up my Server, nor mess with jumpers, cables, nor
the Master-Slave configuration in the BIOS.

I am presently very happily upgrading to RedHat8.0

Thanks for all your help,

Meryll
--
Meryll Larkin