[Techtalk] multiple domains, single server

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu Dec 12 09:22:06 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002, Malcolm-Rannirl wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 December 2002 02:18 pm, Rod Roark wrote:
>
> > Regardless of what you put in the headers, anyone who cares
> > will do a reverse lookup on the IP to see where it came from.
>
> If you read the original post, it clearly states that the domains have
> seperate IPs. Otherwise the whole issue would indeed be as pointless as you
> say.

We can assume you control the reverse then? (Many people will assume by
default that you can't.)

Now, for your question, I've done some searching. You are certainly not
the only person who has wanted to do this with qmail.

This mailing list post:

from 2000 suggests that this is not sonething qmail-remote can be
configured to do. Of course, this is only one person asserting that.

There's a patch that controls outgoing IP, but in a fixed fashion:
http://www.lamer.de/maex/creative/software/qmail/oldpatches/, newer
version mentioned at http://qmail.glasswings.com.au/outgoingip.patch

This post:
suggests that you need two separate qmail installs, one for each domain.

This reply to the above: