[Techtalk] pdf creating tools?

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at theneteffect.com
Wed Aug 28 16:49:04 EST 2002

> just wondering if anyone knows of any free software for creating pdfs?
>
> i've come across a lot of libraries for pdf creation using php, perl etc
> - but im not a coder, so i really need a command line or gui tool... or
> just something that will convert from html or evil windoze doc format to
> pdf.... i'd rather do this in gnu/linux than use acrobat...... ;)

I use ps2pdf all the time -- often I print to a postscript file from Opera
or OpenOffice and run ps2pdf on the command line to convert the file from
postscript to pdf.  Works like a charm.

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196