[Techtalk] Window Managers ... again

Wed Aug 28 16:00:41 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 15:02, BUNTER MATTHEW wrote:
> a) isn't too resource hungry (2.5M graphics card, P500 with 128M RAM).
> b) is for the users who don't like to use the mouse much. I would like to
> keep my hands on the keyboard as much as possible.
> c) is fairly 'pretty'. I read a lot of pdfs and have found minimalist
> window managers don't display images and diagrams very well.
I've been a very happy user of IceWM (http://www.icewm.org/) with the
Infadel theme. I'm also using it on my P133 laptop :)

a) reasonable small footprint
b) the only thing I use the mouse for is web-surfing. Sometimes also
placing/resizing windows, though that can also be done from keyboard.
c) whether it lives up to your definition of pretty, I cannot say, but I
pleased with the display (but my eyesight isn't exactly perfect either)

I have set it up with ten desktop-views, which is easily switched
between ... me happy

see also http://www.plig.org/xwinman/comparisons.html

/cdan

note to self: remember to reply to the list, not only the sender
second note to self: use my subscribed address
third note to self: make sure your email settings are correct
>this is getting silly<
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

Carsten Dan <mail at cdan.dk> --- http://cdan.dk
GPG public key at http://www.keyserver.net
(Outlook-users: http://www.winpt.org/gpgoe.html)