[Techtalk] VNC - Virtual Network Computing use

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Fri Aug 23 10:36:10 EST 2002

I use it.  I love it.  I use it mostly when I am running Windows on my
desktop PC and have a VNC connection to my server.  I also use it to fix &
prank my roommates PC.  I have even worked over the internet.  It is such an
amazing piece of work.  I have not figured out how to get through the
firewall at work to have graphical access to my home macine from the office,
but I will eventually.

jenn

-----Original Message-----
From: BUNTER MATTHEW [mailto:Matthew.Bunter at renaultvi.com]
Sent: 2002 Aug 23 10:18
To: TECHTALK at LINUXCHIX.ORG
Subject: [Techtalk] VNC - Virtual Network Computing use

--- Reçu de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             23/08/02 16.18

All,

I was wondering if anyone has used or is using VNC
(http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/index.html) to connect between windows
and Linux.

According to portico.org one can even use it over an ssh tunnel -
interesting!!

Matt

  -> TECHTALK(a)LINUXCHIX.ORG