[Techtalk] Palm M500 & Mandrake 8.2

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Wed Aug 21 13:07:06 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 12:35, Akkana wrote:
> Tabatha Persad writes:
> > Has anyone had luck getting Palm M500 or related working on a Mandrake
> > 8.2 distro (I use GDM if that makes any difference)?
>
> If the M500 is USB, then you'll probably need a newer pilot-link.
> Most distros ship pilot-link 0.9.5, which doesn't support USB well
> at all; the pilot-link people have made huge advances in USB support
> recently, but only quite recently came out with a non-beta release.
> I hope all the distros will pick up 0.11.*, as it works much better
> with USB PDAs.

Ah.  Yes, it is USB.  I read that I needed 0.10. but I ended up chasing
a trail of useless links.  Apparently this would resolve it, but if
0.11. will take care of it then I'll give that a try, since I had no
trouble finding it.

> Pick it up from pilot-link.org, and if you use desktop syncing software
> (like jpilot or the gnome or ximian desktop) then you'll probably
> have to rebuild that as well, or find a build that uses pilot-link 0.11.
>
> (Unfortunately pilot-link.org seems to be down ATM.)

I'll check in later then to grab the package.  Thanks for the info! :)

My boyfriend and I are using are Palms and a web application he
developed to synchronize our meetings and appointments on an internal
page (he was "inspired" to make this for always forgetting to tell me).
It's really cool, but I only have USB on the Mandrake box, so I'm hoping
this works!

Tabatha