[Techtalk] Kernel Building (was Re: Simply Hardware 3B)

Sophie sophie at cats.meow.at
Wed Aug 21 12:08:32 EST 2002

On Wed, Aug/21/02 11:03:09AM +0100, hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 10:48:24PM -0700 or thereabouts, Kai MacTane wrote:
>
> _If you are on Red Hat_, you can skip a lot of this. You can do:
>
>     make menuconfig (or xconfig, or config)
>     make rpm

Yup, except his raid controller's driver isnt merged into the kernel source tree yet, so we'll be applying a patch manually.

At least, it wasnt a few weeks ago - it may have changed now. I'll look when we've finished playing with hardware, and when I'm back at home to play with my own system too.

- sophie