[Techtalk] sonypid/spicctrl

Conni ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Sun Aug 18 11:26:13 EST 2002

On Aug 18, hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk conjectured:

> > .bz2, and gunzip nor unzip won't work.

> If they're just compressed with bzip2, then bunzip2 is what you
> need.

Oooh, wonderful!  Now I have bunzip'ed, untarred files.  And no idea where
to make them.  (Right now, they're in a subdirectory in my ~.)  I also
have this patch that I don't know what to do with.  Am I supposed to apply
it to the kernel?  I've never manually compiled a kernel before, and I
admit the idea terrifies me.  (I know, name it something else, etc etc,
but it still scares me.)

Conni

--
So take those photographs and still-frames in your mind; hang it on a
shelf in good health and good time.

		  www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt