[Techtalk] Vaio -> Mandrake

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Fri Aug 16 10:03:56 EST 2002

Scott:
> I also have to figure out how to access the Sony Memory Stick slot since
> I have a Sony digital camera.

It's a fake kludge usb/scsi device that shows up in /dev as sda1. Here's
the line from fstab on my vaio (which is a pain compared to yours, as it
has no builtin anything -- just the pcmcia slot):

/dev/sda1   /stick   vfat   noauto,user	  0   0

If you got lucky at all and Mandrake set up the modules correctly, you
should be able to try:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt (with a stick in the slot, of course) and boom.

...but I can't remember if they're still using devfs on autopilot, and
haven't learned how they deal with problems like this. But at least that's
a pointer in the right direction.