[Techtalk] "I need to use Windows because ..."

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Mon Aug 12 10:23:49 EST 2002

On Sunday 11 August 2002 01:03 am, Poppy wrote:

> Anyone have experience setting up an IDE burner in Mandrake 8.1 who
> wants to tell me how easy/hard it was?  *grin*

8.1? I remember 8.2 auto detected it and set it up for me. :) I can't
remember if 8.1 had that feature. Either way, I've set mine up that way (both
my work and home boxes run Mandrake) and it wasn't that complex.

> I've looked at the directions a while back, decided that as little as I
> burn cds, I can just reboot into windows - it's easier. but I'm rapidly
> approaching the point where my windows partition needs to be
> reinstalled.

and you can't back up linux partitions from windows (though the other way
around works just fine).

--
 "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
- Ambassador Kosh, Babylon 5.

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>
<< ----- PGP: envelopes for email - www.pgp.com www.gnupg.org ----- >>