[Techtalk] "I need to use Windows because ..."

caitlynmaire at earthlink.net caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 11 23:11:58 EST 2002

Hi, Conni,

> I've had a bazillion problems getting RH7.2 to work on my VAIO SR-77.

This particular laptop is known to be a pain to get right.  The good
news is that you should be able to get everything to work.  Here are
some websites that may be good resources for you:

http://paleo.amnh.org/bjburger/installing-vaio.html

This next one is written for Debian Woody, but has great info on such
things as where to get the ACPI drivers.  It also covers your jog/dial
problem, and also covers installing ALSA, which you'll need to do to get
your multimedia issues resolved:

http://www.alphageeksinc.com/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi

I know your local here in the area, and I'd be happy to help you out on
this.

All the best,
Caity