[Techtalk] WINEs was "I need to use..."

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Sun Aug 11 15:44:57 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 13:22, Mick Timony wrote:
> You can get transgaming version of Wine from free from CVS. Here how:

<snip>  <chuckle>
The last cvs version of WineX I tried didn't compile.  I figured I'd
wait a few days and try again.

Are you running it?  I've noticed that the cvs version doesn't put
things where the forum archives say they'll be.  They acknowledge that
(because of course they want the packaged versions to be easier than the
free), but still it's frustrating.

So, I've got the latest cvs compiling on the testbed system now.  I'll
report back any positive developments.

regards,
Beth

P.S. --One small typo in the instructions for getting WineX from cvs,
it's a -z3 option in the second command:
$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex
login
Hit Enter when prompted for a password

$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex
co wine

Then:
cd wine; ./configure; ./tools/wineinstall

--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson
 / o o\   Cosmic Wonderer