[Techtalk] forum software

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Sun Aug 11 11:34:12 EST 2002

On Saturday 10 August 2002 23:45, Carla Schroder wrote:
> I finally lost the rest of my mind and want to host an online forum. I've
> looked at some free packages, I'd like some recommendations. Slashcode
> looks kind of messy, vBulletin discontinued their free edition. what else
> is there?

there are loads of alternatives - i've used PHPNuke, which is also kind of
messy but if you know PHP its a lot easier ( i dont! ;-)... which probably
demonstrates that its easier to use than i think)...

there's also PostNuke, which many say is better than PHPNuke, and Zope - i
think Zope sounds the most interesting - and something i should perhaps have
mentioned in the discussion on web editors.

hth

iriXx
www.iriXx.org

cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk