[Techtalk] Website Building Program For Dummies (me)

Poppy sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Wed Aug 7 19:36:39 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 14:47, Megan Golding wrote:

> 1. Try blog software for maintaining the pages. That's how my site,
> http://www.kalamitykat.com, works. The main body content consists of
> several blog entries. I combined the blog with a simple page layout
> using server side includes and -- voila! -- a consistent site look.
> Greymatter (http://noahgrey.com/greysoft/) is the blog I chose. In
> fact, check out the author's site -- I think he uses the blog.

I've heard this "use blog" tossed about a bit, can someone elaborate?
Last I heard, blog was short for weblog, and I can't think how keeping
an online diary would help with webdesign...

> 3. Just found this one: http://coffeecup.com/linux. Disclaimer: I
> know nothing about Coffee Cup.

Ahhh... but I do. Used to use the Windows version when it was free,
toyed with trial versions more recently. It is, above and beyond, my
favorite HTML editor.... highlights the tags in color, gives you menu
options to work with... it's not drag & drop from what I recall, but
it's a GOOD editor other wise... more features than Netscape Composer
has (Netscape AFAIK has NEVER been able to do tables, and even lists are
stretching it a little... most of my pages now are done in a combination
of Netscape and text editor/HTML for the fancy stuff)

--Poppy

--
Poppy,
Friend of the Penguin		-- sylph at cyber-dyne.com --