[Techtalk] printer help needed

Pierre Fortin pfortin at pfortin.com
Sun Apr 28 09:20:12 EST 2002

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:41:37 -0700 (PDT) Conni
<ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net> wrote:

> I rebuilt the rpm database, and the uninstalling worked.  Joy.
>
> But I'm still interested in finding out how to run lpr and cups at the
> same time. :)

Installed Mandrake 8.2 :-)  It's much more end-user oriented than RH.

Believe it or not, this was the only version (all the way back to RH4.2)
that installed *first* time on my old Toshiba Tecra 500CDT P/120 32MB
(yup! only 32MB).  I use it daily as an Xterm to my other machines.  This
is also the first time the internal Lucent based winmodem works (out of
the box!).

I've not had to add/remove either, so I don't know if there would be
issues.

Pierre