[Techtalk] Python question

BUNTER MATTHEW Matthew.Bunter at renaultvi.com
Mon Apr 22 16:55:00 EST 2002

--- Reçu de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             22/04/02 16.55

Guruettes and Gurus,

I am mailing Techtalk because the Python Tutor list is too far above my
level of understanding and you guys (meant for male and female alike) seem
alot more friendly anyway ;-)

This is from the exercises in Josh Cogliati's Non-Programmers Tutorial for
Python, Section 4.2 pg 15 the password script. At the end of the chapter he
wants the reader to change it to only allow three tries to enter a
password.

In the original Python script we have

#!/usr/bin/python
password = "foobar"

while password!="unicorn":
    password=raw_input("Password : ")
print "Welcome in."

I have tried the script with for loops, with another while loop and nothing
works. Can someone suggest something or I am doomed from the start to
accept that I will never be able to program anything as simple as I am sure
this solution is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Matt

  -> TECHTALK(a)LINUXCHIX.ORG