[Techtalk] X and resolution changes

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Apr 20 18:10:25 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 17:22, Hamster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While using Ctrl-Alt-+ and ctrl-alt-- to change the resolution being
> used by X, the resolution itsself changes, but the window size doesnt.
>
> By that I mean, if I start X with a resolution of 1600x1200, and I
> then change the resolution to 1280x1024 by using ctrl-alt-+, I get the
> bigger text and icons with the larger resolution,  but now my desktop
> doesnt fit into my monitor. I have to scroll up and down and left and
> right to see everything.
>
> What do I need to do to get it to change the resolution and resize the
> desktop to fit on the monitor?

I guess you need to help the X hackers out implementing it. If I'm not
off track, they're currently working on an X Rotate and Resize Extension
which is needed to do what you described.

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg //
+49.7152.209647
nils at fht-esslingen.de
        Ever noticed that common sense isn't really all that common?