[Techtalk] Shell wrapper written in Perl...

Dushyanth Harinath dushy at symonds.net
Sat Apr 20 04:56:22 EST 2002

Hi,

> On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 07:48, Leslie Simpson wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am looking for something that I can wrap /bin/bash in to log activity
> for a user. Basically the script will call bash... and key log the
> activity the user types. Possibly even log the output of the commands
> (but that isn't necessary). Anyone know where I can find a script that
> would do this?

1) You will need to use  a key logger, there are patches available to
bash.

http://project.honeynet.org/papers/honeynet/bash.patch

2) A second option is a modified version of TTY Watcher. This kernel module
captures both user keystrokes and screen captures and forward this
information over a non-standard TCP connection. There are a variety of
other options to this functionality.

http://project.honeynet.org/papers/honeynet/doord-src.tar.gz

This are the things i could find right now , may be there are others
too.

P.S: (Both snippet's taken from honeynet project whitepapers)

HTH
cheers
dushyanth
--
hmmm... you think that's air that you're breathing now?

Dushyanth Harinath
Archean Infotech Ltd
http://www.archeanit.com
http://symonds.net/~dushy