[Techtalk] Lycoris/Redmond Linux Anyone?

wny-tc at juno.com wny-tc at juno.com
Tue Apr 16 19:06:17 EST 2002

Hi.  Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp

A local company in Rochester, NY, Annexa,  is one of the retail outlets
that has Lycoris/Redmond Linux.  A member of the local amateur radio (Ham
radio) community is using this distro, and passed a copy to me from their
free download site which is at: http://www.lycoris.com

I have it in a 233 MHz Pentium box, 4.3 GB HD and 64 Meg of PC-100 RAM
and it "feels" slow.  I am set up within Lycoris's recommended parms, but
it still feels s-l-o-w.

Has anyone else run  this distro?  If so, what do you think about it?  It
installed very easily with the only bobble being my ancient serial mouse.
(The installer found it on the 3rd try...)

Comments?

73, Wm. Keith Hibbert, WB2VUO, Trustee of the NQ2RP/B 10 M beacon
President, Brockport Amateur Radio Klub (BARK),
Technical Coordinator, ARRL WNY Section
Ph - 585.494.1239
mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net