[Techtalk] Question re Kmail & Evolution

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Fri Apr 12 15:26:48 EST 2002

Hey folks...

I'm having a heck of a time here.  I decided I don't want to use Outlook
Express anymore, and I am going to just use the web to access my hotmail,
which I am slowly but surely re-directing (YAY, piece o'crap).

First I tried to import messages from Outlook Express 5 to Evolution 0.13.
Evolution wouldn't take them, they were the wrong format (would only take
Express 4), and unfortunately an automatic didn't work either.

Then I thought maybe Evolution would import them if they were Outlook instead
of Outlook Express, so I exported from Outlook Express to Outlook, but when I
tried to do an import from Evolution it wouldn't accept them that way either.

So getting frustrated, I decided to see what would happen with Kmail.  They
imported the Outlook Express 5 folders fine, except I had to rename them.  I
was also able to get my address book into Kmail from Outlook Express.
Different, but it works.

The question:  Will Evolution import Kmail?  I couldn't find word one in the
import section of Evolution, and in fact, for the version I have (which is
probably as out of date as the version), they don't talk about import/export
functions.  I saw a Kmail KAB import utility, but I'm not even sure Kmail can
export, I've only seen the import command, even within Kmail itself.

I don't want to upgrade Evolution, because the last time I did that it took
over my GDM, and made my life miserable!

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance,
--
Tabatha Persad