[Techtalk] Trouble building the latest Mozilla

Stuart Rogers srogers at airmail.net
Thu Apr 11 10:10:41 EST 2002

I wonder if someone could shed some light or point me in the right
direction for the problem I'm having.  I'm running SuSE Linux 7.3.
Currently have Mozilla 0.9.4.   Im trying to upgrade to the latest
version from the source tarball.   I was able to get ./configure to work
.  The problem is now with make.   Here is a sample of the error:

gmake export && gmake install
gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/home/srogers/source/linux/extras/Mozilla/mozilla'
gmake[2]: Entering directory
`/home/srogers/source/linux/extras/Mozilla/mozilla/config'
/usr/bin/perl -I. ./bdate.pl build_number
../config/nsinstall -R -m 444 nsBuildID.h ../dist/include
/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/mozilla//config /opt/mozilla//config/build-list.pl
../dist/include/.headerlist nsBuildID.h
Can't open perl script "/opt/mozilla//config/build-list.pl": No such
file or directory
gmake[2]: *** [export] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/srogers/source/linux/extras/Mozilla/mozilla/config'
gmake[1]: *** [export] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/srogers/source/linux/extras/Mozilla/mozilla'
gmake: *** [build] Error 2
linux:/home/srogers/source/linux/extras/Mozilla/mozilla #

I'm not sure what the problem is, but being relatively new to Linux,
could it in the path: /opt/mozilla//config?  It looks like there are two
 slashes instead of one. If ayone can point me in the right direction I
would appreciate it!