[Techtalk] FW: DHCP question maybe dns

Mary linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Apr 10 09:11:44 EST 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 11:59:57AM -0400, Davis, Jennifer wrote:
> Addendum Oops, if necessary, I can just put that computer back to
> fixed IP.  I was only curious as DHCP seems to be my new toy this
> week.

As you saw from the replys it is really easy to give it a static IP with
DHCP. I like to do that rather than simply going to it and putitng in a
static IP because if your house changes gateways or name servers or
broadcast address or anything, it will just grab them from the DHCP
server and you have a central place for updates.

-Mary.