[Techtalk] Re: Techtalk digest, Vol 1 #429 - 1 msg

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Sat Apr 6 11:52:28 EST 2002

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 10:52:11AM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 10:13:55PM +1000, Mary wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 01:42:37AM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> > > Any tips on how I might debug it would be good. I know I don't have
> > > the proper information for a good bug report, but I also don't know
> > > what else to do beside checking the logs.
> >
> > Does ssh -v show anything interesting?
>
> I don't know if it's interesting or not since I don't understand it.
> But here's the initial stuff, before making a connection. I'll post
> whatever happens after the connection fails, too. It has to sit for
> 20-30 minutes before that will happen.

Here's what displayed when the connection closed:

debug1: channel_free: channel 0: client-session, nchannels 1
Read from remote host pan: Connection reset by peer
Connection to pan closed.
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 80 bytes in 3452.2
seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.0
debug1: Exit status -1
david at syrinx:~$

No clues that I can see. :-/

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net
Lead Developer                             http://www.linuxdoc.org

The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from
the terrors of the future.