[Techtalk] Convert colorimages into grayscale images

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Thu Apr 4 17:38:25 EST 2002

> Does anyone know a run-in-terminal program that I can use to convert
> colorimages into grayscale images?

I think convert (from ImageMagick) is still the answer.

I am not 100% sure if this is correct, but it might be worth looking at this:

The .pgm filetype is a grayscale filetype, so maybe convert your image to a .pgm using convert?
You might then need to convert the .pgm to another format as well though, if you only wish to deal with jpgs or gifs or xpms or whatever.

Hope this helps, or at least gives you somewhere to start.