[Techtalk] New to the list...new to linux

Charlotte Oliver charlotte.oliver at rcn.com
Sun Sep 30 00:41:48 EST 2001

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 09:29:15PM -0700, Tianna Thomas wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good book?  BN.com has about a zillion but I don't
> have that much time...if you can only buy one, which one is it?
>
> Tianna

Hi!

I've been reading through Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide (Second
Edition) by Steve Shah lately and have been really impressed with it.  It's
simply written and not in programmer-speak, like so many of the books out on the
market.  It also focuses on administration instead of being an end user and
provides nice diagrams trying to explain the differences between NT
administration and *nix administration, so it might just be what you need.

:)

Charlotte